All Children’s Pediatrics opened its doors in September 2004. It was started by Dr. James Simmons, who is a native of Beaufort County. We are a general pediatrics office providing care for all children from birth to 21 years old, and can provide referrals for more specific assessments when necessary. Our special interests are in Attention Deficit Disorder, Weight management and Asthma.
Our model of practice is based on the principle that each child is treated as if they were a member of our own family. Our motto is “Your Child Is Our Specialty.” Our mission is to deliver great medical care with excellent service to infants, children, and adolescents. We pride ourselves on being accessible to our patients as well as providing a comforting environment to deliver care. We would like to welcome you into our practice and our home.
All Children’s Pediatrics accepts most medical insurance plans, and has affordable rates and flexible payment plans for individuals without health insurance. Along with our main office in Port Royal, we also see patients at a satellite clinic in Walterboro on Thursdays. Call us today and set up an appointment—let us help you maintain your child's most valuable asset, their health.
- Allow 48 hours for prescription refills
- Allow 48 hours for immunization records or other forms to be completed
- Walk-ins may experience increased length of wait
- Priority is given to severity of problem and scheduled appointments
- New patients should arrive 15 minutes before appointment
- Payment is expected at time of service
- No eating or drinking in the office
- All physical exams are by appointment only
- Same day appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Fellow
- Assoc. Clinical Professor of Pediatrics, MUSC
- Residency: Univ. of South Florida
- Medical School: Univ. of Pittsburgh
Dr. James E. Simmons was born in Jersey City, NJ, but moved to Beaufort, SC, at the age of one after the death of his mother. He was raised by his maternal grandmother along with four siblings. He was educated in the Beaufort County public schools and graduated from Battery Creek High School in 1988.
In 1992, he graduated from Morehouse College in Atlanta, GA, with a BS in Biology. He graduated from University of Pittsburgh where he received his MD degree. After completing a residency in pediatrics in 1999 from the University of South Florida, he relocated to Beaufort, SC. He was employed for five years at the same facility were he was medically cared for as a child.
Currently, Dr. Simmons works in private practice at All Children’s Pediatrics. Dr. Simmons is a board member at Beaufort Memorial Hospital and has had numerous appointments and positions. Dr. Simmons has also received many awards and recognitions for his commitment to the community.